Battlefunk Battlefunk

This song is amazing... once you hit around 1:15. Before that is kind of bland and not very funky. Still, I know enough of Audacity to make it work, so it's still a solid 4!

Robots {WIP} Robots {WIP}

It really just sounds like you had a bunch of random sound effects that you put on top of each other. It started to sound like a real dubstep track at the end, but it didn't really go anywhere (probably because the track isn't even a minute long).

flashpantss responds:

thanks for the review, and believe it or not, everything in this song I made myself, no special sound effects or what not, everything is made from plugins from Massive to others.

Also going to upload a long preview

Jazzy Piano Loop Jazzy Piano Loop

It's a quality loop, but I think it could stand to be a little longer to be practical for most projects. Otherwise it'd just get annoying and repetitive.

Who Sleeps Anyway? [Trance] Who Sleeps Anyway? [Trance]

Ironically discovered this song while pulling an all-nighter. A good chunk of solid trance, but I feel like it was missing the special something that would give you the perfect in my book (and I'm sorry for not being able to describe what that "something" is).

Tax-5 - The Edge of Life (AM) Tax-5 - The Edge of Life (AM)

Sounds like something out of Donkey Kong Land. Great work!

XS - Thunder XS - Thunder

Pretty good, but doesn't feel like a Dub song.

I'll be honest, this feels less like a dubstep song and more like a techno song you added some wobble to. As such, the wobble feels a little out of place, especially considering it's relatively dark feel compared to the lighter tones of the rest of the song. Overall, not too bad, though.

Jimmypig responds:

Yeah I see your point but this change felt right to me, personally. The reason I did this was because in a storm you get those moments when the clouds crack and the sun pokes through and shines a brilliant ray through the rain sort of giving hope, before they close back up and the grey thunder resumes (the drop).

Get the EP, 100% free: http://www.mininova.org/tor/13201929

Mega Man 2 - Horror (Wily 2) Mega Man 2 - Horror (Wily 2)

Nice work!

I am genuinely impressed with how well you remixed this relatively boring song. Great job!

A Spy in Versailles A Spy in Versailles

Very nice atmospheric piece

It really does a good job of setting the tone you were looking for. My only complaint was the copious amount of silence at the end, but since I can whack that off in Audacity, I don't consider that a true failing.

Rampant responds:

As for the silence, I guess it does sound a bit long on NewGrounds: I like to leave plenty of room so I don't accidentally cut off the reverb tail.

Thanks for the feedback
- James

Psy Orbit (PsyTrance Intro) Psy Orbit (PsyTrance Intro)

Pretty good

Good job for your first try. Keep on practicing with this kind of stuff; most of the problems I heard were minor stuff (overuse of background noises etc.) that you'd be able to resolve pretty easily with a little more experience.

Zuelo responds:

Thanks Grent,
i try it.

DJ Eclypse Walk on Water DJ Eclypse Walk on Water

Too fast? My ass.

I have absolutely no problems with the speed of this song. In fact, I really like it. My only real complaint is your use of L/R fading. It didn't help the song, and was really just kind of annoying. Otherwise, great job!