View Profile Grent

All 38 Audio Reviews

15 w/ Responses

This song is amazing... once you hit around 1:15. Before that is kind of bland and not very funky. Still, I know enough of Audacity to make it work, so it's still a solid 4!

It's a quality loop, but I think it could stand to be a little longer to be practical for most projects. Otherwise it'd just get annoying and repetitive.

Ironically discovered this song while pulling an all-nighter. A good chunk of solid trance, but I feel like it was missing the special something that would give you the perfect in my book (and I'm sorry for not being able to describe what that "something" is).

Pretty good, but doesn't feel like a Dub song.

I'll be honest, this feels less like a dubstep song and more like a techno song you added some wobble to. As such, the wobble feels a little out of place, especially considering it's relatively dark feel compared to the lighter tones of the rest of the song. Overall, not too bad, though.

Jimmypig responds:

Yeah I see your point but this change felt right to me, personally. The reason I did this was because in a storm you get those moments when the clouds crack and the sun pokes through and shines a brilliant ray through the rain sort of giving hope, before they close back up and the grey thunder resumes (the drop).

Get the EP, 100% free: http://www.mininova.org/tor/13201929

Nice work!

I am genuinely impressed with how well you remixed this relatively boring song. Great job!

Very nice atmospheric piece

It really does a good job of setting the tone you were looking for. My only complaint was the copious amount of silence at the end, but since I can whack that off in Audacity, I don't consider that a true failing.

Rampant responds:

As for the silence, I guess it does sound a bit long on NewGrounds: I like to leave plenty of room so I don't accidentally cut off the reverb tail.

Thanks for the feedback
- James

Pretty good

Good job for your first try. Keep on practicing with this kind of stuff; most of the problems I heard were minor stuff (overuse of background noises etc.) that you'd be able to resolve pretty easily with a little more experience.

Zuelo responds:

Thanks Grent,
i try it.

Umm

Are you aware the second half of the song is empty? First half was okay I guess.

WHY NO FINISH

Seriously, you need to finish this song now, as my only complaints are that it's too short and the fade out at the end sucks.

GOOOONNNNGGGGG

You overused the gong at the beginning. A lot. Otherwise not half bad.

ShiverMeSideways responds:

Possibly. I thought it gave a feeling of waves crashing into the ship. Thanks anyway :)

//No comment